1227165 Tuning Advice

Mike Pitts mpitts at emi.net
Thu Apr 22 21:49:23 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
>Also, you may want to add a bit of fuel in PE (WOT)
>and see if the detonation goes away or reduces substantially...
>could be running lean.

Good advice.  I'd like to add that an EGT gauge (with
a max. hold function) works very well for determining
if the mixture is too lean.  I see dramatic increases in
EGT when I raise my boost just a couple PSI (thus
adding more air for the same fuel since the MAF is
maxed out at the time).

I don't know what the safe EGT is for your combo, but
on mine it seems to be in the 1500-1550 DegF range.
Any more than that and my knock detector starts going
crazy.

-Mike