1227165 Tuning Advice

Bruce Wilcox (EUS) EUSBEW at am1.ericsson.se
Fri Apr 23 12:01:08 GMT 1999

Hi Mark,

Could you elaborate a little more on why the base timing change would work??
The part throttle operation is great. No knock counts anywhere in the
operation envelope. The problem seems to occur at WOT high LV8 loads (>=
240) and RPM's >= 3000. Bruce Plecan thinks that WOT total advance in the
28° - 32° range is reasonable. From the Diacom data + 4° extra base timing
advance, the total advance calculates to 22°.  This number seems very
reasonable. However, I will try your suggestion.

What is the difference between the "load" parameter and "LV8"??  I see
references to both.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Bruce