1227165 Tuning Advice

Bruce Wilcox (EUS) EUSBEW at am1.ericsson.se
Fri Apr 23 12:35:02 GMT 1999

Hi Mark,

I compared the stock chip BIN with the ASM bin. No changes were made in the
code area. Updates were implemented only in the tables.

As discussed earlier, at WOT the BLM & INT jump to 128. Since the system is
somewhat rich at part-throttle conditions does this mean,

1.
The computer pulls fuel out at WOT (resulting from BLM <= 128 @ part
throttle). End Result : lean

2.
The computer does not implement a BLM compensation at WOT. End Result : lean

Can I look in the lookup tables or code to find out if BLM based WOT
compensation exits??? If so, please send the information to me.

One clue supporting the lean theory exists in the BLM data that I posted. I
managed to record some closed-loop part throttle BLM Cell 14 & 15 data. The
RPM range was 2200 - 2500 and the LV8 range was 167 - 180. The BLM was 123
and the INT range was 136 - 143. This indicates that a fair amount of fuel
was added to the base map.

For a typical TPI system, what is the maximum obtainable fuel pressure???
Presently, my fuel pressure is adjusted for a 44 PSI idle and 50+ PSI WOT
condition.

I have a general MAF fuel mapping question for you. If the BLM is all over
the place (above & below 128 for various RPM & load conditions), does this
indicate that the engine VE is different than the data in the Injector PW vs
RPM vs Load table ???? Does this table use "Load" or "LV8" ??? I am
suspicious that this table is slightly off. If I increase the FP to
compensate the WOT condition, then I would expect the part-throttle BLM
numbers to drop down even more. Presently, they dip down to 110!

I will play with the FP and base timing initially, but I do not believe the
engine will be optimized over the entire operational envelope. If I decrease
the base timing, the part
throttle response will most likely suffer. As the FP is increased, the part
throttle BLM will decrease.

The goal is to center the part throttle BLM and stop the WOT knock count
generation.

Thanks for the Advice,

Bruce