3800 motor swap, and EGR adapter plate

Kevin speakerconnection at home.com
Sat Apr 24 21:22:39 GMT 1999

Hey all... quick question , would love some help with this one...
I'm just finishing up a motor swap in my 1988 buick Lesabre T-type... a 1997 3800 supercharged.. I'm using the stock 1988 computer from the original 3800 series I. The problem I face is that of the the EGR valve... the origial is the 4 wire digital and the new motor uses the linear egr with PWM and position feedback.. right now I just want to use a block off plate where the EGR valve was so I can get the car running, and then worry about making an adapter plate so that the old EGR will fit on the new mounting plate.. If I block off the EGR ports with a plate, and don't hook up the harness to anything.. will the computer sense this and not play with spark or fuel when the EGR is supposed to be engaged? I understand that when the EGR opens.. the computer compensates by advancing the timing and leaning out the amount of fuel?
should I worry, or will the computer take care of this in the mean time?
Your help is appreciated, response to me personally, or in the list would be great,

Kevin Margitta

3800 II superchared 1988 Lesabre T-type