Field Service Mode

CSH-HQ nacelp at jvlnet.com
Sun Aug 1 01:03:16 GMT 1999

If you want to reinvebt the whell fine, but their is a product called diacom
plus, that records a run in progress.
  A-B puts you sorta in limp home mode, and your just using PTS, and RPM
for fueling and timing.
  Reading the archives abour the 12277165, and ALDL, should help ya.
Bruce

>My 87 IROC 5.0 has a ping problem when I get on it hard. Error codes light
up indicating a bad MAF or MAF relays or wires inbetween.
>I tested and cleaned and check all componants best I know how.  Everything
seemed OK.  MAF gives a voltage of .7 Volts at idle, and
>when I gas it in the driveway it jumps to about 2 Volts. It's got a new block.
>
>One thing that I don't understand is why does my car run perfect with no
pinging with the ECM in Field Service Mode (Pins A and B
>shorted)?  Should I leave it in Field Service Mode?  Does the computer take
sensors out of line in this mode and then somehow keeps
>the car running through a backup mode???
>
>I am currently working on a diagnostic hookup so that I can fit right in on
this list, hopefully that too will help out. I will be
>sure to post on my web site any software that I may develope.  Thinking of
realtime window based displays of what ever word I would
>like to look at.  I have been doing this sort of thing at work on Military
Aircraft, but this will be my own time, equipment, and