ping

David Mulvey kd6bzn at QNET.COM
Mon Aug 23 02:58:03 GMT 1999

I have an 87 IROC-Z 5 Liter, I think I have the 12277165 but I am not sure.  Just exactly where would I found out? On the computer
case, or maybe the chip itself?

I am still working on a ping problem at high acceleration. I Replaced the MAF because the confuser was telling me the MAF voltage was
read as too low and also too high.  Replaced the two MAF relays, checked the wiring... Still same ping, same errors.

I do have 3 old injectors on the motor still.  What's the chance that is the cause of my problem?

The confuser also gave me an 'ESC error' unless the engine was detecting knock.  I heard whole lot a knockin going on so I am assuming
the ESC is really just fine.

The exhaust system has a 2 3/4 inch inner diameter pipe.  Is that stock?  It's got a new aftermarket catalytic converter.  Seems
shorter than the stock one. Would any of those cause a leaner mixture to cause ping?

If the exhaust system is the problem, I assume there would also be a way to compensate via the chip.

Also, I see "WOT" a lot.  I think that means "High acceleration", and/or "High Load", little help..?

Dave
end
----
David Mulvey KD6BZN