hot fuel module

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sun Aug 1 22:20:03 GMT 1999

Ward wrote:

> No it can't but why would you want to ?

It seems to have no practical use, but one of the things the module
does is keep the pump running after the key is off.  I can't see how
this will prevent a real hot soak problem, as heat can be a problem
for up to 1/2 hour after the engine's shut off.   But whatever the
designers were after with extended pump operation doesn't seem to be
possible with ecm alone.

> The current GM spec for most EFI fuel systems is that thay must maintain max
> pressure (typicaly 3 bar or 45 PISG) not to drop less than 10 PSIG in 5
> minutes.
Lots of vehicles I've seen do not meet that spec.  I don't even
consider pressure loss after the pump stops to be a problem unless the
owner's complaining specifically of extended crank times.

> Else you have a leak, injector, pump line check or in the tank.
Most of my experiences (tbi truck) have been with the pump check
valve.  This 8 cyl TPI stuff comes in with a surprisingly large number
of bad injectors.
Shannen