7747 A/C enable

JTesta1966 at aol.com JTesta1966 at aol.com
Wed Aug 4 15:49:04 GMT 1999

In a message dated 8/4/99 11:31:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ober_b at hotmail.com writes:

<<
 on the relay and swap back and forth w/ the computers, but I was thinking
 that the point of *electronic* fuel injection is ease/ improve recalibration
 through software.  (That why we dispise carburetors, ladder logic, and
 hydraulic logic,as mechanical logic controllers, right?)
 You guys are smart, I  >>

Only prob there is the difference between grounding and applying power is
typically the HARDWARE, like maybe whether the circuit uses an invertor or
not, etc. AFAIK, you cant change the POLARITY of a connection thru siftware.
I think the CPU says "turn on AC relay quad driver", and depending on the
wiring on the board it'd ground, or go to power. A guy more experienced with
electronics would haveta answer that. Granted I've only played with the cals
in my GN, but there seems to be no spot that says "go high or go low", just
if AC request = yes then check for conditions, if conditions are met (run
timer, TPS etc) then enable AC relay.

Others please step in if I'm wrong. And if this were the GN list, I know you
would :-P

Jim