7747 A/C enable

Brent Obermiller ober_b at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 17:38:01 GMT 1999

Thank Steve,
I'll keep r-409 in mind, but it's charged, working, and this is the 2nd
conversion I've done.  Apparently, I was fortunate to wire the first one
from scratch (as the A/c was partially removed).  I'm at work and don't have
the schematic diagram in front of me.  I have to 'fess up and say I wasn't
around when it popped, I only found the puddle of oil under the car and
coating on the valve covers.  Perhaps it got to cold and broke the solder
joint and then leaked after it warmed up?

I think...

ign

A/C sw.

Low Pressure Sw.(N/O)

High Pressure Safety Sw. (N/C)

Relay Solenoid

ECM transistor (floats for A/C on)

*part Two*

ign

A/C Switch

Relay Contact (N/C)

Clutch Sol & Diode

GND

Also I'm not using the Bosch relay.  I'm using an '88 Monte 4.3l fuel pump
relay for both the A/C and Fuel Pump.  I'm not using the oil Pressure
override for the fuel pump, and so the a/c relay makes a nifty spare... in a
pinch. ;-)

-Brent