Chip for 85 305 TPI on carb 350

Michael Davis davis at mail.eecis.udel.edu
Tue Aug 10 10:54:57 GMT 1999

A later issue '85 TPI 305 (From a T/A) is also on my page with
the BCC of HLL3802
	http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~davis/z28/contrib/85-tpi-ta-HLL3802.bin

These used a 6deg base timing, 19lb inj, and had 9.5:1 CR, and the '870 ECM.

I've ran many variations of the HLL, FTM, and now HLH codes in my car
with the original 305 and now with the ZZ4, though I've never came across
a non-buggy FTM image as of yet..  (Also from what I can determine, both
the 305 and 350 chips had baseline inj settings of 22lbs, the 305 chips
modulated the A/F and PE fuel to adjust downwards??)

mike

In message <37AFED8A.B2D840C8 at cruzers.com>,Ludis Langens writes:

[...]
>Therefore:
>
>Because the engine is running 305 injectors, any tweaks should start
>with a 305 chip.  It's a MAF engine, thus the fuel delivery will be
>correct.  (I'm so used to thinking MAP where a displacement change will
>cause problems.)  The timing should be checked, not necessarily to
>change the tables, but in case the ECM is computing an incorrect load.

[...]