Car dieing additinal info.

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Tue Aug 10 15:33:06 GMT 1999

I have noticed  that whatever is going on with my car dieing, that it
does seem to be alot more troublesome when it is hot outside (100
degrees) over when it is cooler (say 80).

I should have new IAC tonight, and it is pretty trivial to install it,
so I should know if that fixes it tonight.

Now on the IAC 160 is open and 0 is closed, where is it on startup and
which way does it usually fail (open or closed), or can if fail either
depending on why it failed?

And if it  is slipping, then that would imply that if the computer
kept signaling it to change (even though it thinks it is a 0 or at
160) that it would offset the slipping, and possibly make things still
idle even with a bad IAC, at least until it gets so bad it does not
move at all?

		Thanks
		Roger