HP / Torque calcs

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Wed Aug 11 09:59:37 GMT 1999

Can someone "conveniently" list formulas / process for converting RPM
readings over time and other params (weight, gearing, drag, etc) to
HP and Torque? My initial graphs just use delta rpm and time to
produce a curve, when compared to a curve from another run I can see
improvements but now want to see numbers closer to real world.

I wonder why scan software vendors don't include this capability??
(gee I hope I'm not missing something obvious thats lacking here) :-(

I'm working on converting scan-tool recordings to graphical dyno
data and I'm sure the archives will appreciate it too.

Heres an idea: modify ecm programs to DO the calculations and report
them  on the IAT location. I noticed in my 7727 turbo app that IAT
isn't actually used for anything so writing to that location won't
hurt and is scannable.

PS thanks to the list, its existance, Its members  and the
specially people who politely put up with me. Truly a great thing!
~~~
Dave Z. www.delanet.com/~tgp