More: HP / Torque calcs

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Mon Aug 16 11:17:56 GMT 1999

Well I have thie little graphing thingy putting lines on the screen,
easy enough.  It reads the scan software's datafile directly
too.

2 things to note: even at 8192 baud the number of samples per second
makes the graph pretty chunky. Also my RPM data seems to be wierd.. I
mean the readings can go like this (this is WOT in 2nd grar):

this is not actual data, but a representation

2600
2750
2700
2775
2875
2925
3150
3150
3325
3425
3600
3575
3700
3825

see it's like there was hard knocking and severe spark reduction but
there actually was none at all! my delta rpm graph is a
sawtooth! Might it be stale old values being pumped out by the ALDL
when its too busy to update them or something??? am I correct in
asuming the time intervals are EXACTLY equal between the readings? is
the time differenntial a steady value for 8192 baud? my stream has 56
or something bytes in it.. I can calculate the time ass-uming the
packets are heel to toe with no delay. has anyone calculated this?
blah blahblah.. {diarhea of the fingers deleted} ;-}

> From:          "Dave Zug" <dzug at delanet.com>
> Date:          Wed, 11 Aug 1999 09:59:37 +0000
> Subject:       HP / Torque calcs

> I'm working on converting scan-tool recordings to graphical dyno
> data and I'm sure the archives will appreciate it too.

~~~
Dave Z. www.delanet.com/~tgp