Car dieing additinal info.

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Wed Aug 11 17:58:26 GMT 1999

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999 Chipsbyal at aol.com wrote:

> Roger, this tcc solenoid hydraulic circuit is different from yours.  A GM fwd
> 125C has a common tcc problem. It has line pressure to it whenever the engine
> runs. The metal wear internally clogs up the "magnetized" orifice and after a
> long drive will inhibit its release. Coming to a stop, the engine remains at
> vehicle speed and dies when stopped. The engine will restart and if put in
> gear, stall instantly. The simple fix here is to replace the solenoid. Your
> tcc solenoid "700R4" doesn't get line pressure till the trans shifts into
> second. On decel it'll feel as if it is going to kill and at the last second
> it'll "break loose."

Some else identified that if the convertor is locked (the fluid is
blocked or partially blocked) and successfully gets into 1st gear (it
can, this guy was manually locking, and if while manually locked he
put it into 1st, it stayded locked), there is no way for the fluid to
escape and allow the TCC to unlock, it may not be at full pressure,
but there is fluid there, and it apparently can leave things locked in
1st.

Mine has not unlocked at least 1-2 times on accleration where it
should have unlocked, and it is dragging in drive (some fluid under a
bit of pressure still left?)   So far I have not noticed it locking
under decel, and I have only noticed it locking hard twice anyway.

I will see, I am having someone look at it Friday.

		Roger