Car dieing additinal info.

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Wed Aug 11 18:06:54 GMT 1999

We will see,  if it is in the torque convertor, I will agree that the
WOT applications did it, and I will buy the 3-clutch convertor next
time that is made to lockup at wot.

But still chevy was locking things stock at 95mph, and at the speeds I
am locking mine the difference in rpm between locked and unlocked is
pretty minimal and should not be overly stressing things (more than GM
was locking up things at WOT).  I have not heard of anyone on the
fourth-gen list loosing their TCC, and all of the A4's lock things at
WOT, so maybe GM changed something in the design to allow it, since
your tranny was built.

				Roger