OTC 2000 Scan 4sale

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Thu Aug 12 08:35:47 GMT 1999

To tell the truth I never used it for anything else than peeking at
sensor values and SES codes etc. The books talk about "Field service
mode" that I saw posts on in here a bit ago. there are
other modes it can go in I never messed with. I'll check the books
for the trans modes thing.

www.otctools.com may have descriptions/capabilities. The 2000 was
replaced with the 4000.. maybe the 4000 added trans diags I don't
know.

I used it in the early tinkering days to view ram locations by
changing the ecm code to copy a ram location to the IAT location
where I could view it with the scanner. Its good for seeing the O2
while driving. Its also good cause it plugs into all your friends old
cars not just GM (up to 89). it runs the ford diagnostics. It has PC
interface capabilities (dumb terminal) and printing capabilities but
the extra parts to do that are way too expensive compared to other
market solutions.

> Date:          Wed, 11 Aug 1999 20:38:37 -0500
> To:            gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
> From:          nacelp at jvlnet.com (CSH-HQ)
> Subject:       Re: OTC 2000 Scan 4sale

> Does it do 700 diagnostics?
> Bruce
>

> >I'm not sure if its appropriate here but I have an OTC monitor 2000
> >scan tool for sale, w/ case, cables, manuals, cartridges for ford to
> >88, chry to 88, GM to 88, as well as combo-1989 ford/chry/GM
> >cartridge. $140 OBO by aug 18th. I'll pay UPS ship if you're on
> >this list ;-)
> >
> >~~~
> >Dave Z. www.delanet.com/~tgp

~~~