Twin turbine TBI pump (was Suction through a unpowered Tank Pump.)

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Thu Aug 12 01:44:22 GMT 1999

>>(I'm looking for about 80 gallons per hour at maybe 3 or 5 psi from an
>>in-tank pump.) (750 HP)
>>
>>Point is that 3 or 5 psi should be plenty to keep a vapor separator (and
>>fuel accumulator) full and also to keep the HP pump well enough primed for
>>it to stay free of any cavitation..
>>

>Greg, there are a number of aftermarket in-tank fuel pumps that will handle
>such flow requirements.   One suitable candidate is the Holley 12-903 (aka
>the Walbro GSS346M).  This particular pump is of a gerotor design, so it is
>relatively quiet.
>
>Any more progress on your project?

Once I get the printing press to making those portraits of dead presidents
in better quality, the project should pick up speed! :-)---but I think I
may finally have found a pair of the twin plug heads for it!!

Something tells me that shortening up the flame travel with that 4.685"
bore might turn out to be a wonderful concept!

I have a Walbro catalogue around, didn't realize they would flow that much.
I shall check it again!

Thanks--Greg