G-Tech Pro on Sale

Todd....!! atc347 at c-com.net
Thu Aug 12 17:20:12 GMT 1999

Hello Jeff and all!,

Jeff, thanks for the info/update about the sale!!

I will be getting one, as sortof a loate b-day present for myself!

One of my friends had a competitor's meter of the same caliber, we had a
LOT of fun with it as well as ran MANY MANY MANY various sorts of test
with the thing, he had the battery powered version (i.e. no cig. lighter
power needed!) you could even just run with the thing, as long as you
held it pretty still, and see what ya do in the quarter on foot, or on
your skateboard, or bicycle, or ANYTHING!

It DID have a limit as to the time allowed to complete various time to
distance measurements, I think 2 minutes was the limit on the 1/4 time,
so those of you with pintos or chevettes that are pushin close to 2
minutes 1/4's watch out!

But on a more serious note, I used to be in the Air force, worked on
Minuteman and peacekeeper I.C.B.M.'s(InterContinental Ballistic
Missiles), the nukes that kept our cold war enemies from nuking us!

These HUGE missiles landed within from 1 to 10 yards of the target they
were targeted for! And that was over halfway around the WORLD!!

Don't worry the missiles used for these targeting tests were merely
duds(NO LIVE WARHEADS aboard!) so NO we didn't nuke some small country
just to test out the targeting system!

ANYWHO, the targeting system aboard these nukes used acceleromters as
well, just as this g-tech uses!

The g-tech is effected by gravity ONLY if it is tilted outside of the
exact level position.

Just FYI, I did a test with the lil g-tech type device my buddy had to
see what a vehicle would do if it had 1 G of acceleration applied to it
throughout the 1/4 mile!

I popped the device off his windshield, held it level to zero out the
gravity differences from it not being held perfectly level, then began
the 1/4 countdown...3...2....1... then I tilted it fully vertical, thus
obtaining a full 1 G of acceleration as far as it knew...

I believe it ran about a 12 second 1/4 in this test... Can't remember
for sure, but was an interesting test me thinks!

Thanks again for the info about the sale!

I'll be callin em probably on payday!

LATER!

Todd....!!
http://www.c-com.net/~atc347/toddlnk.htm