Anyone got experience with a PCM using a 4L60E?

Ken Kelly kenkelly at lucent.com
Thu Aug 12 21:31:15 GMT 1999

I've posted a few times with progress on my LT1 Editor for
the 16208051, We are making a lot of progress lately and I
have two beta testers with most of the Event side done. The
Timer side has presented some unique problems. It turns out
that the thing I thought would be the simplest edit is
proving to be the most difficult!

	Gear Ratio !! Who would have thought. It was easy to find
the Integer value used for the scale factor and figure it
out. Next I did a compare between a stock GM 2.73 bin and
the 3.23 bin. Now I discovered that two scale factors in the
Event chip change with gear ratio, so I really can't treat
the Event and Time chips as seperate entities. I
re-architected my editor to work both chips at the same
time, and proceeded. A detailed comparison of the 2.73 and
3.23 chips turned up several dozen other changes. some
looked like tables. Searching GM data and scanner outputs I
found a part throttle shift table with each shift at 12%,
25%, and 50% TPS. It appears to be based on output shaft
speed and it varies with gear ratio. There are also some WOT
shift variables, and downshift variables. Looking at some
aftermarket chips with 3.73 and 4.56 gears shows as many as
117 changes with the gear ratio. These are independent of
the large part throttle upshift/downshift table. HELP!!

	ANyone understand the 4L60E, our have a Hack file for a PCM
that controls a 4L60E?

		Ken