749 in a 730 - troubles

Jeremy Gonyou jgonyou at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 12 22:22:10 GMT 1999

>Sounds like the chip/CPU is totally out to lunch and you're running in
>limp home mode.  Did you verify your programming of the EPROM?  And that
>there are no bent pins and so on?

Just got around to checking things out some.  It seems that I hosed up
something else in the memcal.  The chip has good data and I quadruple
checked the continuity on every pin.

To verify my theory, I dumped the original 3.1 data on my setup and sure
enough, same problem.  Check engine - no code.

I still have one bone-stock memcal, with which the car has no problem.  So
here's the dilema:  Do I dare tear into my last good memcal?  Hmmm...

Jeremy