749 in a 730 - troubles

Jeremy Gonyou jgonyou at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 13 20:43:43 GMT 1999

>From: "TK" <terryk at foothill.net>
>To: <gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
>Subject: Re: 749 in a 730 - troubles
>Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 06:33:15 -0700
>
>Way too early in the morning.
>

> > Refinance? Reference!!!!!
> >
> > After thinking about it, I wouldn't try this. I was "driving" an HEI
> > system, not the other way around. Not sure how the crank sensor stuff
>would work.

Ok, thanks.  NOW it all makes sense (was wondering what the chip had to do
with accounting).  I actually don't think the problem is the syclone chip.
Even though the car was acting all funny with the ses light it was still
reading the prom.  I was messing around with idle values and the car would
recognize them.  At this point I wonder if I screwed up the esc stuff with
too much heat from the solder gun or with our good friend electrostatic
discharge.

One thing for sure, I am not going to rip into my working memcal until I
figure out what is wrong with this one or I find yet another donor.