CSH, non EFI update

Shannen at grolen.com Shannen at grolen.com
Sat Aug 14 21:44:58 GMT 1999

GM>Things have been rough here.  Pulse is well into the 120s at rest, to
GM>maintain a O2 sat of 96% with 2L/min.  So my pulse now actually drops with
GM>exercise, since the body is happy being at lower O2 levels (during exercise)
GM>   A one milligram misdose, put me in urgent care 2x last weekend.
GM>If I can just stay off a ventilator, should do OK for some time.  If on
GM>ventilator, your taken off translist.
GM>   Worst thing going right now is that I'm a CO2 retainer.  Meaning can only
GM>add a small amount of O2 or CO2 goes high, and suppresses breathing.
GM>Catch 22.
GM>   Still doing lots of walking, and all the PT I can, so that is good.
GM>Cheers
GM>Bruce
Hi.  If things look strange, I'm reading my email from work.

Strange to think of pulse dropping with excercise.
Why does ventilator mean no transplant?  Does it mean permanent removal
from the transplant list?

Never considered the flip side of the coin.  If the lungs can't get O2
into the blood, it can't get CO2 out.  So your body works with less O2
during excercise, but it has to be burning more calories, which means
putting CO2 into the blood.  How does it get removed?
Am I way off base here?

<grin> I just can't quit diagnosing stuff...
Shannen