8051 ECM Usage

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 17 02:47:42 GMT 1999

>The 8051 was used in the L99 equipped Caprice's. The software is very close
>to the V-8's, with just some tables shifted. I'd recommend getting it
>programmed as per your vin.
>AL

Thanks Al. And I'll be using it to play with Dave and Ken's software (copy
my current PCM's flash image in to this new PCM and use it as my
"experimental" ECM... if I corrupt it, I can swap it out and still drive my
car).

And Shannen, I haven't pulled the BCCs yet. However, when I get the flash
contents, whoever would like a copy, I'd be happy to send it to 'em. ;)

~Andrew