Supercharged 3.8L - ECM P/N

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 19 13:13:19 GMT 1999

At 11:44 PM 8/18/1999 -0500, you wrote:

>I've got a question for anyone who has dealt with the supercharged 3.8L
>engines...  First off, are there any OBDII ECM/PCM's for these engines that
>took a replaceable chip, or did they go flash at the same time that the LT1
>and truck PCM's did?

The Federal OBD_II standard required *ALL* OBD_II pcm's to have flash
eeprom, and no removeable prom chip.  This was to make the swapping of
chips impossible (Although figuring out how to reflash the PCM get's around
that!)

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!