MAF to MAP

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Thu Aug 19 17:21:39 GMT 1999

next do MAP to VSS using a pitot tube in the wind, then do MAP to RPM
using time as another input, than do MAP to o2...  just kidding
around obviously.

Thats a neet project and I must say a creative one.

The max frequency that the ECM listens to still limits the range of
the 3-bar you can translate though, doesn't it? I know that boost
translation might not really be the point of your
project.. I'm just boost minded.  my 0.02 good luck!

> From:          "the Fredericks" <fredericksk at worldnet.att.net>
> Subject:       MAF to MAP
> Date:          Tue, 17 Aug 1999 21:25:36 -0400

> I'm working on a couple of microcontroller projects, and was wondering if
> anyone here has ever "mapped" the MAF signal to a MAP signal.  Is that
> confusing enough?  In other words, I'm using a 68HC11 mcu, and want to use
> one of the PWM outputs to emulate the MAF signal to a stock ECM.  I'm
> planning to try running the car with the MAF still in place, and a 3 bar MAP
> hooked up, and data logging the two signals vs. RPM.  Then making a 2D
> lookup table for the mcu that would read the MAP and RPM, look up the MAF
> value, and output it.  Does anyone think this will be sufficient, or would
> it need more dimensions, like maybe delta TPS for accel/decel?
>
> Thanks for any opinions,
> Kendall Frederick

~~~
Dave Z. www.delanet.com/~tgp