What does stoich mean?

Mark Romans romans at pacbell.net
Fri Aug 20 04:21:51 GMT 1999

I was just speaking to Steve Cole at TTS Power Systems and he was showing me
the LBT spark map on the 99 LS1 engine in the 99 Vet.  He explained the GM
puts 118 octane fuel in and then tests the engine at all load and rpm
levels, putting in more advance until power drops off.  Mapping this gives
you the point at which more spark does not add power.  So barring
detonation, this is max advance that the engine can use.  This map is in the
ecm as a reference barring detonation.
Mark