What does stoich mean?

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Fri Aug 20 11:08:41 GMT 1999

Great info mark! thanks.

With some budget software dyno I should be able to accomplish just
that. I have in mind to (given software dyno output is achievable)
use software to look at previous run and compare to "this" run and
spit out spark table correction suggestions. maybe even take several
runs and do an average... all values that were increased last time,
if they gain, will be increased. if they lose, they will be lowered
and tagged as 'locked' in case the next pass suggests they need
modified again. sorry my brain races. I know what I'm saying honest
;-) call it a dyno / auto tuning aid.

> From:          "Mark Romans" <romans at pacbell.net>
> To:            <gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
> Subject:       Re: What does stoich mean?
> Date:          Thu, 19 Aug 1999 21:21:51 -0700

> I was just speaking to Steve Cole at TTS Power Systems and he was showing me
> the LBT spark map on the 99 LS1 engine in the 99 Vet.  He explained the GM
> puts 118 octane fuel in and then tests the engine at all load and rpm
> levels, putting in more advance until power drops off.  Mapping this gives
> you the point at which more spark does not add power.  So barring
> detonation, this is max advance that the engine can use.  This map is in the
> ecm as a reference barring detonation.
> Mark

~~~
Dave Z. www.delanet.com/~tgp