747 swap - TCC control using kick down output from ECM

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Mon Aug 23 03:00:44 GMT 1999

Marc Piccioni wrote:

> Shanene,
>
> let me complete fil in the details i didn't provide earlier.
>
> The TCC circuit will be wired as follows:
>
> B+ to brake (TCC) switch open when brake pedal is depressed
>
> brake pedal to N.O. relay contact (to be verified after installation)
>
> relay output to trans.
>
> The internal wiring/pressure in the trans. prevents L/U from occuring unless the trans. is in 3rd gear.
>
> /Marc
That's more reasonable to use with your relay than other tcc schemes.
Does converter clutch unlock with load increase?  Maybe manual switch
inline for hills, if the local topography includes them.  I used to
drive up the hills with the brake pedal ever so slightly depressed to
disengage tcc (83 Phoenix 2.5l).  Side effect was brake lights on, of
course.  Wonder what other drivers thought of me. <g>
Shannen