ping

Carter Shore clshore at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 13:08:15 GMT 1999

I'm always amazed that automotive ECM can work
reliably with such high impedance sensors. The
underhood environment is very hostile and noisy. I
have a hardware and software background, with some
aeronautical and communications thrown in. Noise
management was always a problem.
I worked on a computer once that was located in the
offices of a TV station. They were getting
intermittent memory parity errors. I put a scope on
the +5V buss, and was seeing 3V p-p of RF modulation!
We added a fistful of bypass capacitors and shielded
the case to solve the problem.

Maybe we should be using BNC connectors and such.