Interesting '89 Calibrator...

Mike Frels frels at rosharon.camco.slb.com
Wed Aug 25 23:42:41 GMT 1999

A couple of months back I bought a 165 ECM out of an junked '89 Camaro.
Last weekend I finally had a chance to test if it was a good working box.
After removing the calibrator I took the blue cover off and saw something
that puzzles me. the 16 pin chip of the two small chips has had the #2 and
#15 leads cut. There is also a 10k resistor soldered across the #2 and #3
contacts in the calibrator socket of the same chip. If this is the netres
chip for limp home what would this modification accomplish?

Baffled Newbie
Mike