Traction Control & Racing

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Thu Aug 26 03:12:30 GMT 1999

> were given a mission they accomplished: "FASTEST PRODUCTION CAR" and
> the gearing ends up putting it over the 1/4 just above peak HP in
> 3rd. Now if you call "true" performance to include off-corner accelleration..
> well okay.

Well, their goal was to build acceleration, and a lot of it, which they
did.  Fast in this case was defined as acceleration.  All of us define
"proper" differently, which is why some of us own Turbo regals, some of
us own talons, and some of us <gasp> own yugos :)

> uh humm.. sorry I got defensive there.. you really gotta drive one of
> those though. I'm having doubts as to wether I'll ever have the iroc
> w/ supercharger even close to the mostly stock buick ET.

Why not?

231 cid x 2 bar = 461 theoretical cubes, 1 hp per cube = 461 HP
350 cid x 2 bar = 700 theoretical cubes, 1 hp per cube = 700 HP.

While my math is -pathetic- at best, a 4-bolt main iroc could easily be
configured to make more power.  I recently got 800 HP out of a 4200 RPM
431 mopar stroker for my truck, and its all junkyard stuff.  True, I
used two predator carbs, but EFI can do the same thing.

To form a better comparison, put the 350 in a buick regal body, so the
traction/suspension is similar.  I've never liked the way
camaros/trans-ams/firebirds handled since the early 80's... whether its
true or not, they always felt light in the ass compared to the
regal/442/cutlass body style for some reason.  Must be the heavy chrome
bumper in back :)

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Xephic Technology