What does stoich mean?

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Wed Aug 25 12:41:04 GMT 1999

>Be careful! Octane isn't Octane! Is it reasearch, motor, or
>average? I'll bet their 97 is the same as our Premium fuel.
>We use an average octane rating, they may not.

Sorry to stray from GM topics but I should finish what I started.
I don't know if it is research/motor or average and I bet next time I fill
up the attendant won't know either. However, I do know that cars from Europe
eg most BMW, Benz etc need to run our 97 premium. Now if they run off the
U.S 92 then I guess it may be the same (or they are detuned).
Same for the Turbo Jap cars, must run Premium, on that note the new Subaru
WRX STI needs something like 106 octane!!, not sure where to get that out
here...
We've even got 96 Octane Leaded here still...

Ross Myers