RF Ping

Knowlden and or Eller ke at clark.net
Thu Aug 26 21:24:04 GMT 1999

Another alternative is to use a pc sound card and an audio program that
provides a bandpass function (i.e. Goldwave). The knock sensor attaches
directly to the ESC (at least on a 7165) which provides amplitude and
frequency detection (i.e. bandpass filter)and passes the result to the ecm.
If you have a stereo sound card you can fashion an inductive pickup put it
on #1 plug wire and you can see which cylinder is causing the knock. Be
aware of which cylinders the knock sensor is closest to.

Bob