editing software

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Thu Aug 26 23:44:17 GMT 1999

theres a saying I'm sure you've heard.. "a warranty is only as good
as the company behind it".

now for example if you are talking about.. say Microsoft refuses to
support original windows 3.0 (actually true but dont quote me) with
updated drivers and Y2K fixes well you would lose that one in court.
its pretty old and has been replaced.

I'm not sure of the whole situation but I'll keep going.

on the other hand if you buy something and in 1 month the source goes
out of business well I think its a free-fer all.. but legilly I think
the "agreement" is that if you USE the software that means you
agree to the terms... not if you use the software AND the company
supports it well.

there are only "no" lost sales if there is no replacement product
still for sale AND the company is belly up and the goodwill value of
the name or the authors name will be used in a new product. try to
think if a jury would be with you or not i guess and make a
judgement. you can get your money back maybe?

or you can post the dirty scoundrils name on the GN list and get
everyone mad at them and start a biig loong thread thats not related
;-9

good luck with it anyway

I am not a lawyer.. just a wannabe know-it-all ;-) tell me some more
specifics.

> Date:          Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:28:52 -0500
> To:            gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
> From:          nacelp at jvlnet.com (CSH-HQ)
> Subject:       editing software

> When you buy software, and then the seller, says I'm not supporting the
> product you bought, and don't bother me.  What is to stop you from saying
> fine, I'm breaking my end agreement with you, since, if he was to sue, there
> could be no damages due to lost sales etc.....
> Doc

~~~
Dave Z. www.delanet.com/~tgp