749 in a 749 - troubles

TK terryk at foothill.net
Mon Aug 30 02:28:46 GMT 1999

I had to load the code into the upper 128k of the 256k. I am using a Quad 4
mem-cal which is a 256k. All of the binaries I got for the Syty were 128k's.
Someone said the Syty is 256k. I will know in a few days. I ordered one.

I load the binary into the programmer. Then I copy 0000-7fff into 8000-ffff.
This gets it to the upper half. You can fill 0000-7fff with 00, but it
shouldn't matter.

Now, the question is are you trying to run the Syty (HEI) on a DIS engine?
If so, the spark reference needs to be backed off from 70 degrees to 10
degrees. The DIS has a 60 degree offset.

Terry