ECU/spark advance/MEP

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at idirect.com
Thu Dec 2 03:47:48 GMT 1999

Can you tell us more about the little "gizmo"?  Are they still available?
Who made it?  Are the two needles  "mechanically" pressure sensitive via
some isolated passageway, or are  the needles somehow "electrically"
referenced to the secondary firing voltages that are influenced by variable
cylinder pressures?

Have been eyeing the Kistler spark plugs (set of 8) for some time, figuring
that they could be used together with high speed DAQ to create analytical
dyno PV data for most any IC engine.  Every time I look at the $$$$ though,
I almost go into shock.

A cheaper/simpler alternative would be nice....

Walt.