Grand Prix Turbo wiring diagrams/opcodes

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Thu Dec 2 08:56:30 GMT 1999

Peter Gargano wrote:

> OTOH, I'll look in the archives and see what Ludis said about invalid
> opcodes (but he says the P4's CPU uses basically the 6801 instruction set,
> but includes a lot of the HC11 internal peripheral hardware, but ECMguy's
> Hac shows that the P4's peripheral control registers are *NOT* as Motorola
> finally defined for the commercial HC11 - they are obviously an early
> prototype).

No, no, no!  The C3 opcode set is the same as the 6801.  At least, all
the valid opcodes are the same.  I haven't checked if the illegal
opcodes behave the same way or not.

The P4 is like the HC11, except missing a few opcodes.

Neither the P4 (as in '165, '730, etc.) or C3 have the the I/O devices
that are included in an off the shelf Motorola microcontroller.