1227749 EEPROM Type

TK terryk at foothill.net
Fri Dec 3 04:28:48 GMT 1999

Hi Scott,

You might be thinking that just because it's a 749, that the layouts for the
data on all cars using the 749 would be the same. No. The Syclone and
Sunbird Turbo are the same, but the Quad 4 is totally different.

Also, the Syclone use a 16k byte eprom (27128), whereas the Quad 4 uses a
32k byte eprom (27256).

So things vary a lot on applications using the same ECM.

Terry