1227749 EEPROM Type

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Dec 3 04:10:35 GMT 1999

Scott Flanagan wrote:

> While at the junkyard the other day I luckily came accross two '88 Pointiac
> Grand Am Quad 4's.  They have the 1227749 with the uncommon Integrated
> Direct Ignition.
This system is on all quad 4 engines.  The eprom in this application
is usually a 27c256, it is twice as large as the eprom in the syclone
or sunbird.  The data tables are in different locations, and this
makes for wacky values like 0 cylinders when read with promgrammer.  I
get the same values here.  You need to get a sunbird eprom.
Shannen

I am trying to work with an old reader, but I am not too