Carbytes

Eric Clark eclark at hoser.com
Tue Dec 7 19:59:00 GMT 1999

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Dave Hempstead wrote:

> >From: Jared Tschetter <jtschetter at vermeermfg.com>
> >Subject: Carbytes
>
> Forgive my ignorance, but what is an .ald file?  I've done lots of work
> on the '94/'95 F-body, and have gone through the code.  Ken Kelly has
> done even more.  I have a free scanner on my web site.  I have free
> software to read out the contents of your PCM.  Ken and I will be
> selling an editor and reprogrammer for this PCM any day now (there, I've
> let the cat out of the bag).  One of the webpages where this will be
> described (both free and purchased software) will be www.carputing.com

an .ald file is used by CarBytes so it knows what data is coming from the
PCM or ecm.  I've used your free scanner and its great.  CarBytes has some
neat features like real time graphing, so I have been trying to get it to
communicate with my '94.  Right now I'm having a problem with it and need
to send some data to Paul when I have time to get it off my laptop.

-Eric
 94 TA A4
 66 Impala LT1-A4