'96 and '97 PCM's

Dave Hempstead dave_hempstead at agilent.com
Tue Dec 7 19:12:07 GMT 1999

Hi,
   I know there are guys out there working on understanding the software
inside the '96 or '97 PCM's.  If I remember someone is working on a '97
Camaro, and someone is working on a '96 Vette.  If you are working on
either of these, could you please let me know?  If I remember right, I
think Tom Hussey was one.   I've got questions regarding communication
with these PCM's:
  1.  Do they still support ALDL communication (in addition to OBD-II
communication)?
  2.  If yes, what protocol do they support?
  3.  If no, what hardware are you using to communicate with the PCM.

I hope to start digging into these PCM's soon (aside:  soon is such a
relative term......).  I've ordered Alex's OBD-II interface

Any help will be appreciated,
Dave Hempstead
dave_hempstead at agilent.com