No subject

Paul Blackmore paul_blackmore at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 8 17:45:47 GMT 1999

Hi David,

David, what exactly is it about the "old TPI 1227165 ECM 86-89" that
you want me to code into CarBytes?

Unfortunately I don't have a clue about the ECM numbers. I really should try
to understand what they mean. Anyone care to explain these "mysterious"
numbers, what they mean to the ALDL data stream?
Any other numbers thatgo along with them?

Also, I only have the Australian (Holden Commodores) to "play" with.
I can't test anything on the U.S. cars so I'm relying on you guys
to do that for me.

Just for my info:

To what does the term f-body refer? (any other ?-bodies)
What is TPI? (any other acronyms like this)
Does anyone know how the U.S. names for things relate to Aussie
names for things, or are they the same?

Sorry for being dumb about all this but I don't have a background in this
stuff. I'm just a software developer. (:-P)

Cheers
Paul

Paul
What about the old TPI 1227165 ECM 86-89 ??
David