obd-2 scan tool

alexpeper alexpeper at email.msn.com
Wed Dec 8 17:52:59 GMT 1999

I have signed up for this list, efi332 and resubscribe
to diy_efi.
I have started sending out more scan tools.
Presently I have limited use of a Tech-2 scan tool vintage 97.
I seem to have most data for 97 F body Lt-1 automatic.
GM data changes from year to year and model to model
As example the message to turn on fan will shift gear
on another car.  I tried to reprogram with tech-2 but
it requires a tech-line terminal with cd-rom.
If there is demand for another car let me know.
I was looking at a data stream a few years ago from snapon to
a 96 C3500 it was sending data on OBD-2 line pin2
and also pin-9 ALDL ? at same time.
Large GM trucks and it seems some 98 plus GM light
trucks, will have multiple computers transmitting at same
time on OBD2 bus, this can slow down data acquistion,
and possible prevent some scan tools from working.
Alex C Peper
http://www.obd-2.com