heated o2 sensor info

DC Smith morepoweral at tetranet.net
Wed Dec 8 03:11:48 GMT 1999

I have used Bosch sensors. They are not for the Gm computers and act
"lazy". My car always got bad gas mileage on them, also.

 The AFS 74 costs 35.00 from Lambert buick. It doesn't take much of a
kit to make a 3 wire plug for it. I just recieved 2 last week for stock.

KasaRyan at aol.com wrote:

> Following the advice of listers - I just put in a heated oxygen sensor that
> works really well and may help others on GM-ECM.
>
> The truck goes into closed loop much faster, and part throttle driveability
> is better than with the 1 wire.  More r/l crosses and more accurate under
> rich conditions than the standard 1 wire or universal GM sensor.
>
> Following the advice of the gnttype.org folks (turbo buicks) I used a sensor
> for a 1990 mustang 5.0.  Bosch 13942.  $37.99 at autozone.  I got a connector
> out of a junkyard and soldered everything together so it looks factory.  The
> buick people also said ac-delco AFS74 is part of a GM factory kit to convert
> one-wire cars to 3 wire heated.  But the kit is $124 including the $59 o2
> sensor.

Dan Smith      84 Regal   11.841 at 115.09     GSCA# 1459
St.Charles, Missouri
mailto:morepoweral at tetranet.net
http://www.tetranet.net/users/morepoweral