heated o2 sensor info

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 8 03:23:20 GMT 1999

At 09:11 PM 12/7/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>I have used Bosch sensors. They are not for the Gm computers and act
>"lazy". My car always got bad gas mileage on them, also.

I put a bosch replacement into my 95 LeSabre 3800... Went full rich, set a
code and poured black smoke out the exhaust... Found out their sensor does
not ground the element to the shell, and GM doesn't send the ground wire of
the sensor all the way thru the harness to the ECM...  I added a ground
wire and it started working, but like your experience, it got extremely
poor mileage.  Went with a genuine GM sensor from a chevy dealer (Same
price as the Bosch from autozone) and the mileage went up and I could
remove my ground jumper!

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!