Still have some problems - ahy ideas?

Mike Rolica mrolica at meridian-mag.com
Wed Dec 8 16:26:38 GMT 1999

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Roger Heflin [SMTP:rah at horizon.hit.net]
	Sent:	Wednesday, December 08, 1999 11:17 AM
	To:	'gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu'
	Subject:	RE: Still have some problems - ahy ideas?

	On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Mike Rolica wrote:
		> Well , is iac all the way open?  Sounds like you may be
running a little
		> rich causing iac to open up to try and lean it out.. also
what rpm is the
		> ecm aiming for at that temp?  Ide be looking at the cs and
cold idle
		> parameters.  Ie maybe it is trying to run at 1200rpm,
adding too much fuel
		> for the iac position causing it to sound fat and idle
lower, so it opens iac
		> all the way and adds more fuel..
		> I may be way off but let me know.  You would hear definite
tick tick tack in
		> ryhthm to the valve train and would cause vacume to go
through roof and
		> fluctuate a bit.
		> Mike Rolica
		> Meridian Magnesium Products
		> Strathroy, Ont
		> Ext. 260

	What happens is that the IAC opens all the way (160) up to try too
keep the idle up, and then the engine dies (rpm too low).   I have things
set leaner (things ran fine after I leaned things out but the temp was in
the 80's then), so it would seem more likely I am not enriched enough.   It
does seem to have a relationship to engine ambiant temperatur at starting.
Restarting the engine on a semi warm engine does not experience the same
issues.
		Roger

		Sorry my mistake, I thought you richend things up... any
ways do you have a bin?    I'll find your tables for idle parameters.
		Like bruce said play with stuff ;)   try to find root cause-
idle tables.