Still have some problems - ahy ideas?

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Wed Dec 8 16:36:03 GMT 1999

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Mike Rolica wrote:

> What is m/m/y ?  send me you bin.... I'll find it :-)  gotten pretty good
> lately at it!  Hacked my buddy's 89 z24 2.8l v6 prom.
> Mike Rolica
> Meridian Magnesium Products
> Strathroy, Ont
> Ext. 260

http://www.hit.net/~rah

Under promwork, there is a bin on there, and a fully dissembled
listing with some comments and the info I currently have.  If you give
me a rough hint of things (sensor readings) they use to determine they
want to use cold start I can probably find it.  That is how  I have
been finding most stuff, look for something that it uses, and checking
that code, I just don't know what is used to determine a cold start
(engine on time, and water temp?).

To find the rev limiters, first I checked for what was using the rpm
data (I did not find it), then I checked tried to find where the fuel
was being zeroed (I did find it then, but did not realize it - it
looked like initialization code to me), and finally I looked for what
was checking the gear selection (after I found out that the rev
limiters were different for 1-2-3/4), and found the proper code and
tables that control the settings, and at that time found out it used
current pulse period, or the value rpm is determined from to determine
when to shut things off.

				Roger