[admin] 2.5" hard disk

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 9 15:36:45 GMT 1999

At 09:26 AM 12/9/1999 -0600, you wrote:

>On Thu, 9 Dec 1999 jacobss914 at greatoaks.com wrote:
>
> > What server chassis is this in?????  2.5" is a very small drive used mainly
> > in laptops, as already stated.
> >
> > One good question, do you have room for an external case, or a larger
> > server?  Please respond off the list, and we can see what's up.  IF you
> need
> > more space I can provide that, but if it is more practical to migrate to a
> > newer server chassis, the let me know.  I have cases galore, that will hold
> > a lot more than just a 2.5" HD.

Is this drive height or drive width?
If it's height, most modern drives are 1 to 1.5" height...
If it's width, that's a weird case!  Unfortunately, I just gave a mid-tower
case to my Nephew that had 3 3.5" drive bays and 4 5.25" drive bays with a
250 watt AT power supply...
I'll keep my eyes peeled for another case to transfer this into as well as
a drive.

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!