747 programing

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Dec 10 13:18:24 GMT 1999

| Which trucks had O/L idle?

Was primarily BBC, as I recall, there is a setting for mph C/L and idle
speed as I recall.  Would be a patch, as I don't recall seeing that in th sy
bin off hand.

  Could that be incorporated into the
| SyTy-Sunbird bin?  I got tired of erratic idle, and max'd out the
| closed loop enable temp, so it never sees closed loop.
| The Sylone has never idled this smoothly..  I'm worried about
| it running "dumb" though.

Why are you worried???.  Just cause it ain't closed loop?.  Closed loop is
for the converter, period..  The cycling of mixture has nothing to do with
other then the EPA,  (off course this info., is for off road applications).

 From an intelligence standpoint,
|  it's essentially the same as the Saudi-Syclone NM8 chip
| that GM used for the leaded gas trucks.  Anyway,
|  I would love to go into open loop at idle only, use C/L
| the rest of the time..

Why?, there is no real point in this for off road, and for on road the
cycling is a fact of life unless you want to try and recalibrate how
ridh/lean from 14.7:1 you want it to go and still light the converter.

Better answer is SEFI, and DIS,,,,,,
Grumpy

 Ideas would be appreciated..

Ideas, boy we got ideas, just not enough time/smarts to figure it all out.