747 programing

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sat Dec 11 01:04:37 GMT 1999

ECMnut at aol.com wrote:

> Grumpy says:
>
> >    What truck was non-feedback?.  Some had open loop idle, but I haven't
> seen
> > a non O2 equipped 747....  Some 749s were thou.
>
> Which trucks had O/L idle?
1987 pickup, 350, manual trans, leaded fuel compatible.  Had one in
montana.  CL enable temp is set high, the .bin may have been posted to
incoming/
 Could that be incorporated into the
> SyTy-Sunbird bin?  I got tired of erratic idle, and max'd out the
> closed loop enable temp, so it never sees closed loop.
Ya already done it!
> The Sylone has never idled this smoothly..  I'm worried about
> it running "dumb" though.  From an intelligence standpoint,
>  it's essentially the same as the Saudi-Syclone NM8 chip
> that GM used for the leaded gas trucks.  Anyway,
>  I would love to go into open loop at idle only, use C/L
> the rest of the time..  Ideas would be appreciated..
big block 7747 has enable rpm for cl, it's set higher than idle speed
to prevent trying to read a cold O2 sensor.
Shannen
Shannen